Shawnee Peak Ski Area is working with the State of Maine, Ski Maine Association and the National Ski Area’s Association to establish proper COVID-19 procedures and protocols. Please note that our processes are subject to change at any moment.
We are very much looking for a fantastic, snow-filled winter at the Peak. We’re excited to shred those slopes, but ask that you read the following to ensure a collaborative, team effort to remain safe and have a wonderful ski & snowboard experience. The health of our guests and staff is a top priority!
Below, please find more information:
General Information & Policies
- We will require that all guests wear face coverings when in the lodge, in the liftlines, ticket lines and other areas where you cannot socially distance
- All Shawnee Peak employees will be required to wear face coverings and complete a health screening before every shift
- We will be working with professional, third-party providers to offer ample hand sanitizer and wipes throughout the property
- We will have plexiglass at all point of sales and contactless payment where appropriate
- Certain areas of the property will be limited to provide for social distancing
- We will strongly encourage (but not require) you to buy online, in advance. First–time ticket purchasers can pick them up remotely at our on-site Pick-Up-Box or at the ticket window. From there, reload your S-Card and go Direct-to-Lift!
- We will not require reservations to enjoy our slopes
- Ride the lift with members of your group or family. We will also have a “ghost lane” to socially distance the lift lines. Singles may ride alone.
- There will be adjusted seating in our base lodge and we encourage everyone to be mindful of others when taking breaks. There will be directional arrows to manage traffic flow
- We will not permit the storage of personal belongings in the base lodge, but will offer outdoor storage
- Outside, we will have more outdoor seating, including locations with heat and wind blocks
- We’re adding additional bathroom facilities
- Our staff will be regularly cleaning across the base area
- the rental shop has doubled in size, allowing for a more seamless traffic flow
- We will be encouraging online reservations, enabling pre-set equipment to grab and go
- Equipment will be disinfected between usage
- We will be recommending everyone book in advance, so that we may plan appropriately and address all questions pre-arrival
- Wherever possible, we plan to maximize our outdoor areas for Pre-Lesson Meeting
- All students will be required to take a temperature scan before taking lesson
- We have expanded our F&B offerings, and have installed covered decking on Blizzard’s Pub
- Increased emphasis will be placed on Grab & Go options, which may be ordered online
- We will be adding a host station in Blizzard’s Pub, to efficiently manage tables
- We encourage you to pack efficiently and minimize your time at the drop-off area’s