Shawnee Peak Ski Area has worked with the State of Maine, Ski Maine Association, the National Ski Area’s Association and other professionals to establish proper COVID-19 procedures and protocols. Please note that our processes are subject to change at any moment throughout the season.
We are very much looking for a fantastic, snow-filled winter at the Peak. We’re excited to shred those slopes, but ask that you read the following to ensure a collaborative, team effort to remain safe and have a wonderful ski & snowboard experience. We ask that you refrain from visiting if you are experiencing Covid-like symptoms. The health of our guests and staff is a top priority!
Below, please find more information:
General Information & Policies
- We will require that all guests wear face coverings onsite. Your mask must cover up to the top of your nose and down under your chin; fitting snug and without gaps.
- All Shawnee Peak employees will be required to wear face coverings and complete a health screening before every shift
- We will be working with professional, third-party providers to offer ample hand sanitizer and wipes throughout the property
- We will have plexiglass at all point of sales and contactless payment where appropriate
- Certain areas of the property will be limited to provide for social distancing
- Everyone will need to maintain proper social distancing whenever possible
- We will require you to buy online, in advance. (Discounted tickets that require the presentation of an ID AAA, Military, etc. may be purchased onsite). First–time ticket purchasers can pick them up remotely at our on-site Pick-Up-Box or at the ticket window. From there, reload your S-Card and go Direct-to-Lift!
- We will not require reservations to enjoy our slopes
- Ride the lift with members of your group or family. We will also have a “ghost lane” to socially distance the lift lines. Singles may ride alone.
- There will be adjusted seating, in sections of 50 people, in our base lodge and we encourage everyone to be mindful of others when taking breaks. Please limit usage to 20-30 minutes.
- We will have directional arrows to manage traffic flow, please follow!
- You may come inside to change into your gear, but we will not permit the storage of personal belongings in the base lodge. There will be outdoor storage (use at your own risk)
- Outside, we will have more outdoor seating, including locations with heat and wind blocks
- We’ve added additional bathroom facilities, both indoors and outside. Our indoor facilities will have a 2 person limit at times.
- Our staff will be regularly cleaning across the base area
- There will be no outside food or drink permitted indoors.
- the rental shop has doubled in size, allowing for a more seamless traffic flow. Access will be exclusively from the outside. We will limit family members to only the ones renting and a parent, if necessary.
- Equipment will be disinfected between usage
- We will be recommending everyone book in advance, so that we may plan appropriately and address all questions pre-arrival
- Wherever possible, we plan to maximize our outdoor areas for Pre-Lesson Meeting
- All students will be required to take a temperature scan before taking lesson
- The initial check-in station / questions will be over the phone or at our Ticket Building
- We have expanded our F&B offerings, and have installed covered decking on Blizzard’s Pub as well as a deck off the side with mobile food service!
- Increased emphasis will be placed on Grab & Go options, which may be ordered online
- Access to Blizzard’s Pub will be exclusively from the outside and seating will be managed by a hostess. Our goal is to provide a 60 minute eating experience.
- We encourage you to pack efficiently and minimize your time at the drop-off area’s
- We will NOT permit tailgating of any kind at Shawnee Peak