Racing at Shawnee Peak
There is a proud tradition of ski racing at Shawnee Peak, we’ve been offering ski racing for nearly our entire existence! If you love to run gates, we can help you get your fix!
Racing with the Moon – 21/22 Season!
Racer Ready – 3, 2, 1, GO!
The 2021/2022 Racing with the Moon Series returns for another fun year of competition & camaraderie! Shawnee Peak’s ever-popular race series offers recreational ski racing under the lights all winter long.
We race two nights a week, Wednesday or Thursday – featuring competitors of all abilities, ages 21+ on teams of 4-7 racers. Racers will blast out of the start gates the first week of January, (Wednesday, 1/5 or Thursday 1/6) and race for nine weeks.
Weekly races will be some variation of a Giant Slalom – one week it may be duel GS, the next a full-length GS or a Panel SL – we will mix it up! There will not be a traditional breakaway slalom offered this year.
Your team’s seven best weekly scores will determine the final standings. After each night of racing, stick around to have a beer, enjoy a bite and wait for your results and nightly giveaway’s from our sponsors!
Each winter, Shawnee Peak is committed to creating a safe and fun racing environment, both on and off hill.
$125/team registered by December 10, $225/team after December 10
For multiple teams: $100/team prior to December 10, $175/team after December 10
- to register your team, please email RWTM@shawneepeak.com with your Team Name, Captain’s Name and Team Members (minimum 4, maximum 7) and a phone number. We will call to collect registration fee!
Individual Racer Fee:
Please select one of the following two registration options:
- Team Rosters close after the second week of racing – no changes or substitutions will be permitted after this point.
- Additions may be made to your team at any time to increase your roster to the limit of seven people
- RTWM utilizes NASTAR to score results and handicap racers
- Scoring from 7 of 9 weeks count toward team totals
- Weather “events” happen in Maine. We will try our best, but if we have to reschedule we will make up a race at the end of season.
- Each night, racers must take two runs, one run on each course and may have head-to-head competition!
- A team’s four best handicapped times will be counted each week
- This is a fun league, we will not tolerate or permit any poor sportsmanship of any kind and reserve the right to act accordingly
- Questions and concerns regarding race results should be addressed immediately after postings. Corrections will be made the following week. You may email us with any disputes at email@example.com
|Week 9 – Final|