Racing at Shawnee Peak
There is a proud tradition of ski racing at Shawnee Peak, we’ve been offering ski racing for nearly our entire existence! If you love to run gates, we can help you get your fix!
Racing with the Moon – 20/21 Season!
Are you ready for some competition this winter? Racing with the Moon is an adult fun race league. This popular series offers recreational ski racing under the lights for individuals of all abilities a chance to improve their skiing or riding, hang out with friends and enjoy some apres fun! We are your weekly escape from the grind – just an hour from Portland & Lewiston and 20 minutes from Conway!
Get a team of 4 to 7 people together and pick a night to race – Wednesday or Thursday! We will kick off the 2021 season the first week of January (Wednesday, 1/6 and Thursday 1/7) and race for nine weeks. Your team’s seven best weekly scores will determine the final standings. After each night of racing, stick around to have a beer, enjoy a bite and wait for your results.
This winter, Shawnee Peak is committed to creating a safe and fun racing environment, both on and off hill. Per usual, here are some of the initiatives we hope you will enjoy!
- Each week will highlight a different course. One week you may be racing duel GS, the next a Panel SL, or a full-length GS – we will mix it up!
- We are working on some programming and specials for F&B for apres ski, stay tuned!
- Authorized Swix reseller – do you need some tuning gear, let us know!
$115 per team registered by December 11, $225/team after December 11
For multiple teams: $90 per team prior to December 11, $150/team after December 11
- to register your team, please email RTWM@shawneepeak.com with your Team Name, Captain’s Name and Team Members (minimum 4, maximum 7) and a phone number. We will call to collect registration fee!
Individual Racer Fee:
Please select one of the following two registration options:
- Team Rosters close after the second week of racing – no changes or substitutions will be permitted after this point.
- Additions may be made to your team at any time to increase your roster to the limit of seven people
- RTWM utilizes NASTAR to score results and handicap racers
- Scoring from 7 of 9 weeks count toward team totals
- Each night, racers must take two runs, one run on each course and may have head-to-head competition!
- The team’s four best handicapped times will be counted each week
- this is a fun league, we will not tolerate or permit any poor sportsmanship of any kind and reserve the right to act accordingly.
- Questions and concerns regarding race results should be addressed immediately after postings. Corrections will be made the following week. You may email us with any disputes at email@example.com