Racing at Shawnee Peak
There is a proud tradition of ski racing at Shawnee Peak. We have hosted Maine’s high school racers for over 50 years and we also have a great racing tradition with Racing with the Moon and our junior programs. If you love to run gates, we can help you get your fix!
|Week 1||Wednesday: 1/8||Thursday: 1/9|
|Week 2||Wednesday: 1/15||Thursday: 1/16|
|Week 3||Wednesday: 1/22||Thursday: 1/23|
|Week 4||Wednesday: 1/29||Thursday: 1/30|
|Week 5||Wednesday: 2/5||Thursday: 2/13|
|Week 6||Wednesday: 2/12||Thursday: 2/20|
|Week 7||Wednesday: 2/19||Thursday: 3/5|
|Week 8||Wednesday: 2/26||Thursday: 3/12|
|Week 9||Wednesday: 3/4|
Racing with the Moon
Are you ready for some fun this winter? Racing with the Moon Brochure
The Racing with the Moon series is an adult fun race league. This popular series offers recreational ski racing under the lights for individuals of all abilities a chance to improve their skiing or riding, hang out with friends and enjoy some apres fun in Blizzards Pub! The Peak is just one hour from Portland and Lewiston/Auburn and 20 minutes from North Conway – we are your weekly escape from the grind!
Racing with the Moon is a weekly night-race league
A nine-week race series for riders and skiers of all abilities
Get a team of 4 to 7 people together and pick a night to race – Wednesday or Thursday! We will kick off the 2020 season in January and roll for nine consecutive weeks. Your team’s seven best weekly scores will determine final standings. After each night of racing, results, prizes, food and drink specials are offered in Blizzard’s Pub.
We will host a pre-registration night in Blizzards Pub on January 2nd. We’ll set a course to race through and tickets for members their family and prospective participants are just $20 each!
Shawnee Peak is committed to creating a new and exciting program each season. Here are some of the initiatives we hope you will enjoy!
- Each week will highlight a different type of course. One week you may be racing GS, the next is SL or a modified combination course. Racers who have been with us in the past few years have loved it, we will continue to mix it up!
- We created a special F&B menu for RWTM members to enjoy while they are hanging out in the Pub.
- RWTM members are allowed one, $20 Friends and Family night ticket each week, on their selected race day.
Don’t forget we have a top-notch team of ski and board technicians that are ready to give your equipment the love they need. Get your gear tuned pre-season, in-season or before you put it away for the season! Did you know that Shawnee Peak is a Swix-authorized reseller? Buy some Swix equipment to DIY at home!
$100 per team registered by December 10, after December 10 the fee is $200
For multiple teams: $75 per team prior to December 10, $150/team after December 10
Select one of the following two registration options:
- $210: individual race fee & night ticket
- $100: individual race fee only (applies to those with a season pass or buying own lift tickets)
- Team Rosters close after the second week of racing – No changes or substitutions will be permitted after this point.
- Additions may be made to your team any time to increase your roster to the limit of seven people
- the program will run off the NASTAR platform to score results and handicap racers
- Scoring from seven of the nine weeks count toward team totals
- Each night, racers must take one run on each course
- Competition is head to head on modified dual course
- The team’s four best handicapped times will be counted each week.
- Questions and concerns regarding race results should be addressed immediately after postings. Corrections will be made the following week. You may email us with any disputes at email@example.com