the season has kicked off!
It was a wonderful Opening Weekend! We were very excited to see many returning faces and welcome some new ones! We’re already looking forward to the next one!
First off, a big thank you to the snowmakers – for those of you that were here, we hope you enjoyed the SnowGun Show! We made snow on Sunset, Parmalee’s, Crossover, Cooley’s, Horn, Main and in other spots. All those trails will be available this weekend and we’ll be skiing off the top! We hope to add even more trails to that roster, but that will depend on how the next round of snowmaking goes.
A brief update on our schedule. We’ll be open Saturday 14th, Sunday 15th and our first night of Night Skiing will be Monday Night Madness on the 16th. We will close Tuesday – Thursday and open for daily operation on Friday, December 20th. More details can be found on the Mountain Report.
Opening Weekend allowed for some good reflection of what we have done this off-season. We are all pretty proud of our improvements and the hard work by our team, so I wanted to list them:
- Replaced the entire snowmaking water feedline between the Lower and Upper Pumphouses. We have already seen increased pressure and water flow! Very exciting.
- added HKD Klik hydrants on the Main Slope and elsewhere.
- added HKD snowguns on the mountain and now have permanent guns on Sunset and Crossover
- Both cafeteria and SnowSports Welcome desk got a cosmetic upgrade and new LED lighting, as did sections of the base lodge!
- Replaced nearly half of our rental ski inventory and added more Smith helmets, Salomon boots, Swix poles, Burton snowboards – WOW!
- We’ve installed solar panels on the Sugar Haus and the East Lodge, which will produce enough energy to power 4 of our 6 buildings!
- New website and e-commerce store
- Last but not least, our big RFID project. We have RFID enabled access gates at our lifts and will be using RFID cards for both lift tickets and season passes. This project seemed to be well-received by our guests this weekend! No more waiting in line at the ticket booth, you can go direct to lift!
We’re now in the full swing of things and I just wanted to welcome you all back to the Peak.
Here’s to a fun, safe and snowy winter