November Update – Mountain Projects!
The kickoff of the 2020-2021 season is just around the corner! The snowguns are in place and we’ll have them blasting as soon as the weather permits. The Shawnee Peak team has been busy preparing for the winter ahead, we wanted to share some of the progress and updates we have made:
- a new outdoor deck with pizza truck! Designed to be a quick grab-n-go outdoor option we’ll feed and hydrate you in quick proximity to the Summit Triple! This will be popular!
- covered and wind protected half of the Blizzards deck. We are excited to offer sheltered, outdoor food service and extend our dining capacity. Construction is currently underway on a bathroom in Blizzards!
- across the base area, you’ll find much more outdoor seating and improvements including picnic tables and propane heaters!
- we will have outdoor beer gardens and “to-go” food options from the cafe and Blizzards, available for online order!
- the Children’s Ski School building has doubled in size. There will be a designated drop off / pick-up zone for parents!
- we’ve relocated our ski shop, operated by Sport Thoma, to a new exterior building and freed up new base lodge seating
- there will be additional outdoor restrooms throughout the property, including a heated one!
- a RFID gate will be at the Sunny Side Triple, which will now be Direct-to-Lift! Please note, we will not offer lift tickets for sale at the East Lodge.
- our Rental Shop has doubled in size, allowing for better flow and to give our technicians the ability to set up and reserve any equipment that is purchased online, in advance.
- the base lodge will be professionally cleaned each night by third party.
- Mountain Ops wise, the Summit Triple was rehauled over the summer and we’ve purchased new snowguns for Happiness and Upper Roosevelt as well as installed permanent snowmaking on Fat & Happy!
Overall, we have streamlined our customer transactions to make them seamless as possible and we will be actively encouraging advance booking, this includes:
- credit card machines with Tap & Go technology
- revamped e-commerce webpage for easier purchase of lift tickets and priority access to lessons!
- purchase of 2 pick-up-boxes (PUB’s) to pick up your lift ticket or season pass by scanning your confirmation email and go direct to lift without seeing anyone.
- usage of QR codes across the property
- our very own Shawnee Peak smartphone app!