Moose Pond Half Marathon and 5K
Sat, November 3
The seventh annual Moose Pond Half Marathon and 5K will be held Saturday, Nov. 3, 2018, at Shawnee Peak.
- Course: Scenic country loop around Moose Pond in the shadows of Shawnee Peak. The course is rolling terrain on paved roads, starting and ending at Shawnee Peak Ski Area’s Base Lodge. The 5K is out and back on Mountain Rd.
- Relay: The first leg is approximately 6.1 miles, and the second leg is 7 miles. Relay teams are responsible for their own transportation to and from the exchange point on Hio Ridge Rd. (parking is available near the exchange point).
- Beneficiary: Shawnee Peak Adaptive Program
- Medals: All finishers receive medals.
- Awards: First overall male and female, and first three males and females in following age groups — 18-and-under, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-and-over.
- Other details: Four water stops, display clocks on the course, along with flag people and medical. Restrooms and changing places on site, but no showers. Water and food at finish.
- Entry fee: $50 for half marathon, $25 for 5K and $70 for the 2-person half marathon relay through Aug. 31; then $55 for half, $30 for 5K and $80 for the relay
- Starting time: 10 a.m.
- T-shirts: All who register by Oct. 21
- Packet pickup: 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. on race day at Shawnee Peak Learning Center, next to the Base Lodge (119 Mountain Rd.).