Racing with the Moon
Looking for some fun this winter? Our Racing with the Moon series has it in spades. Just one hour from Portland and Lewiston/Auburn and 25 minutes from North Conway, NH, we are your weekly escape from the corporate grind. This recreational race series offers profesionals a chance to improve their skiing or riding, hang out with friends and enjoy some apres fun in Blizzards Pub. We have made a number of changes over the last two seasons that set us apart from other race series and invite you to experience the difference.
Racing with the Moon is a weekly night race league
"Racing with the Moon" is a nine-week race series for riders and skiers of all abilities. The series will start Wednesday and Thursday January 8th and 9th. Teams consist of 4 to 7 members, ages 21 and older. Your team will race on your chosen night for nine consecutive weeks. Your team's seven best weekly scores will determine final standings. After each night of racing, results, prizes, food and drink specials are offered in Blizzards Pub.
New for 2015
We are commited to creating a run and exciting program each season. Here are some of our new initiatives we hope you will enjoy!
- Each week will highlight a different type of race course. One week you may be racing GS, the next is SL or a modified combination course. Members who were with us last year got a taste of these modified courses and loved it so we will keep mixing it up.
- Throuought the series we will have Pub Games in which teams and individuals can win prizes. All members are welcome to participate in these games each week after racing. Prizes will be awarded the following week.
- Get a RWTM logo item FREE when you sign-up, with payment, before December 12! This is limited to the first 100 members who join the league.
Week 1: Jan 7 & 8 - Single GS
Week 2: Jan 14 & 15 - Dual GS
Week 3: Jan 21 & 22 - Top of Main GS
Week 4: Jan 28 & 29 - Dual GS
Week 5: Feb 4 & 5 - Panel SL
Week 6: Feb 11 & 12 - Panel SL
Week 7: Feb 18 & 19 - GS with pro bump
Week 8: Feb 25 & 26 - Dual GS
Week 9: Mar 4 & 5 - Mid-station GS
*courses are subject to change with notice. Notices will be sent to team captains.
• Team rosters close after the second week of racing - No changes or substitutions will be permitted after that
• Additions may be made to your team any time which will increase your roster to the limit of seven people
• Scoring from seven of the nine weeks count toward team totals
• Each night racers must take one run on each course
• Competition is head to head on modified dual courses
• The team's four best handicapped times will be counted each week.
• Questions and concerns regarding race results should be addressed immediately after postings. Corrections will be made the following week. Email Josh Harrington. (see email below)
For additional questions or for more information contact us at:
(207) 647-8444 x13
*The night pass may be offered at a higher or lower price. Please check the current price of the night pass before purchasing this option. This is a package rate and cannot be altered.